Search This Blog

Sunday 23 December 2012

Raga: Lalit


Sahil, thank you.

The greatest you can wish for is a moment of silence. From the ever chaotic mind.
A few notes of music, piercing, unsettling, can topple the very fiber of your being. Take you to places you've never been before, remind you of long forgotten memories, and explode your consciousness to a thousand bits, yet collect them all again, later.
That moment of clairvoyance.


A prayer chanted to put demons to sleep
A white mandaram fresh from the dew
The soft goose-flesh under my grandmother's arms
And a swaying prayer flower about to be plucked

The warmth of Amma's frayed saree
A peal of laughter from a sibling's mischief
A nod, a smile, from the man I love
A perfection, the whole world.

Yet, your music calls to me
And I follow; rest on your chest
You split yourself, and me as well
And we make love, on grass so green

Your eternal blue face on my lap
And all I can give is my love

No comments:

Post a Comment