Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 October 2012

The city girl

I stare out of the balcony, not quite sure what it is that I am supposed to enjoy. The greenery? No. The heart doesn't skip a beat when I look out and out into the meadow. Anyway, I don't feel bad that it doesn't appeal to me.

Sometimes at twilight, when the sun is down and the sky darkens, and I come fresh from my bath to dry the towel, it beats a tad bit faster. My un-spectacled eyes blur the street lights in the distance. The backdrop of rectangular building blocks, like some lego set, becomes the canvas for the flickering lights.

And I unwrap the towel from my wet hair, squinting my eyes to see the sharpness of the lights vary . There I am, in my world of flickering lights and hazy borders.
Yes, I am the myopic city girl. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful myopic city girl,
    I hope there are things which make your eyes go wide open like a little girl's when she see the world from her tinny window.
    I hope there are things which move you in ways that the sun, meadows and soothing twilight sky never can.

    ReplyDelete